Home»Sports»League News»Mandaza, Nato documents left missing in BPL office burglary case

Mandaza, Nato documents left missing in BPL office burglary case

0
Shares
Pinterest WhatsApp

LETLHOGILE MPUANG

Township Rollers’ latest signings Ofentse Nato and Terrence Mandaza’s transfer documentation are said to have been the only material missing from the Botswana Premier League’s offices following the recent breaking in of the Premier League’s offices.
A fortnight ago, the local league organizers offices were reported to had been the latest to target of a burglary case, which was alleged to had happened between the late hours of Sunday 7 February and the wee hours of Monday 8th. According to the BPL nothing appeared missing after the break-in by the time of arrival, and the motive of the crime was left un established.
News reaching this publication has however unearthed that only two files appeared to be missing after the unforeseen incident.
According to sources close to the blue half of Gaborone in Rollers, the league offices called to let them know of the missing clearance letters from Terrance Mandaza and Ofentse Nato’s transfer files.
“Just days after the incident, the Premier League called us, to let us know us that the two players clearance letters are missing following the break in. We were very fortunate enough that we had copies of the clearances and we later provided to them, “briefly said a source at the club.
The source ended by concluding that, they were very surprised at the time of learning the news.
“It was a surprise to us, because you wonder why would people break into the Premier League office just to steal Mandaza and Nato’s clearances?” ended the source.
Township Rollers Public Relations Officer (PRO) Bafana Pheto also confirmed to the news to Gazette Sport.
“Yes, it is true we were informed by the BPL that their offices were broken into, and Nato and Mandaza’s clearances were missing,” said Pheto.
“We then forwarded them copies of their clearances. We still do not know why amongst all the files, our players had their documents missing,” ended the head of communication.
When reached for comment, the Premier League Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Bennett Mamelodi was unavailable to shed more light on the subject as his phone was off line by the time of going to press.
It is still unclear as to how the missing documents are linked to the current ongoing protest of Mochudi Center Chiefs against Township Rollers use of Ofentse Nato in their Mascom Top 8 first leg clash a fortnight ago. Magosi have boldly stated that they believe Nato was not registered to the book and therefore is a defaulter.
At the weekend in Francistown, bottom placed FC Satmos also launched another protest before kick off against the use of Terrence Mandaza citing that the player was also a defaulter.
The ruling of Nato’s case will be delivered today (Tuesday).

Previous post

GU poised to suspend 3 senior players

Next post

BTCL eyeing M-PESA mobile money